My name is Irene Corchado Resmella and I’m the person behind Piggy Traveller. Born in Badajoz and raised in Alburquerque, Trujillo, Jaraíz de la Vera and Don Benito, I’m 100% Extremaduran. Curious about other languages and cultures since I can remember, I studied Translation and Interpreting in Granada and have lived so far in Estonia, Russia, Ireland, Latvia and the UK.
I arrived in the UK in 2011 and worked as a Spanish Content Editor for Hostelworld and HostelBookers in London for almost three years, while translating part-time. In September 2014 I moved to Oxford, made the jump to full-time freelancing and never looked back. Now I devote myself to translation, content writing and blogging on Piggy Traveller and ICR Translations, my professional website.
A few random things about myself:
- I took my first flight at the age of 19. Destination: Tallinn.
- Apart from Spanish I can speak English, Russian, Italian and French (my French needs a brush-up, though).
- I love the Scottish accent, spy novels and seafood.
- I’m one of those one-in-a-million Spaniards that are always on time.
- I only drink coffee to socialize with friends. I don’t actually like it.
- I have this weird habit of always checking where everything I eat or use has been produced or made.
- I absolutely love flags. And maps.
Working under the brand name of ICR Translations I can help you with:
Specialisms: Sworn/Certified, Legal, Advertising & Marketing, Travel & Tourism
Language combinations: English<>Spanish, Russian>Spanish