Irene Corchado Resmella
Travel Content Writer
My name is Irene Corchado Resmella and I’m the person behind Piggy Traveller. Born in Badajoz and raised in Alburquerque, Trujillo, Jaraíz de la Vera and Don Benito, I’m 100% Extremaduran. Curious about other languages and cultures since I can remember, I studied Translation and Interpreting in Granada and have lived so far in Estonia, Russia, Ireland, Latvia and the UK.
I arrived in the UK in 2011 and worked as a Spanish Content Editor for Hostelworld and HostelBookers in London for almost three years, while translating part-time. In September 2014 I moved to Oxford, made the jump to full-time freelancing and never looked back. Now I devote myself to translation, content writing and blogging on Piggy Traveller and ICR Translations, my professional website.
A few random things about myself:
- I took my first flight at the age of 19. Destination: Tallinn.
- Apart from Spanish I can speak English, Russian, Italian and French (my French needs a brush-up, though).
- I love the Scottish accent, spy novels and seafood.
- I’m one of those one-in-a-million Spaniards that are always on time.
- I only drink coffee to socialize with friends. I don’t actually like it.
- I have this weird habit of always checking where everything I eat or use has been produced or made.
- I absolutely love flags. And maps.
I’ve also written about Extremadura (in English and Spanish) on other websites:
- Culture Trip: 10 Things You Should Know About Extremadura.
- momondo: 10 planes para tu próxima escapada rural a Extremadura.
- Vacaciones-Espana.es: 6 articles on different topics
- HomeAway, Extremadura Turismo and Travel Bloggers Meeting: Valle del Jerte and La Vera chapters for the ebook El norte de Extremadura a través de sus blogueros.
- Hostelworld: Una de romanos: recorriendo la Vía de la Plata
Do you have a collaboration proposal?
Before getting in touch, PLEASE NOTE:
- I don’t publish guest posts.
- I don’t publish third party sponsored content on the blog.
- I don’t reply to unsolicited requests to link to websites or blogs.
- I don’t accept remuneration or free products or services in exchange for reviews.
Any emails falling into the above-mentioned categories (or similar) will be ignored.