1. Put the milk in a saucepan together with the sugar and the lemon and orange zest.
2. Bring it to the boil, strain it using a sieve and set aside.
3. Put the bread in a bowl. Add the sugar. Grate some lemon and orange zest and add it.
4. Add a dash of the milk sauce to the mix in the bowl.
5. Mix the eggs and add them to the mix in the bowl.
6. Heat the olive oil in a big frying pan.
7. With two spoons make the repápalos, passing the mix from one spoon to the other (do not use your hands).
8. Fry the repápalos and put them on kitchen roll to absorb the excess of oil.
9. Put the milk sauce in a bigger pot and add the repápalos. Bring it to the boil then leave it to cool.
Little tricks for better results
- Keep them in the fridge for a day (ideally) before serving. If you can’t wait that long, leave them in the fridge for at least a couple of hours, so the repápalos absorb part of the sauce and are tastier.
- You can add a vanilla or cinnamon stick to the milk for extra flavour.
© Piggy Traveller. All rights reserved.